Union Public Service Commission has announced notification to the Civil Service Preliminary exam for 2020
Number of vacancies to be filled through the examination is expected to be approximately 796 posts
Aspirants are advised to read the full article for getting information about the online application, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus and other related details
Preliminary examination of the Civil Service Examination for recruitment to the services and post mentioned below will be held by the Union Public Service Commission.
- Indian Administrative Service (Group-A)
- Indian Foreign Service (Group-A)
- Indian police service (Group-A)
- Indian P and T accounts and Finance Service (Group-A)
- Indian Audit and accounts service (Group-A)
- Indian revenue service (customs and Central Excise) (Group-A)
- Indian defence accounts service (Group-A)
- Indian revenue service (I.T) (Group-A)
- Indian Ordnance Factories service (Group-A)
- Indian Postal service (Group-A)
- Indian Railway traffic service (Group-A)
- Indian Railway account service (Group-A)
- Indian Railway personnel service (Group-A)
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force (Group-A)
- Indian Defence Estates service (Group-A)
- Indian Information Service (Group-A)
- Indian trade service (Group-A)
- Indian Corporate Law service(Group-A)
- Armed forces headquarters civil service (Group-B)
- Delhi Andaman and Nicobar Iceland Lakshadweep Daman and Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli police service (Group-B)
- Pondicherry civil service (Group-B)
- Pondicherry police service (Group- B)
Plan of examination
- Civil service preliminary examination (Objective type)
- Civil Service main exam (Descriptive type)
- Personality test (interview)
- Passed any Degree from a recognised University
- The candidate who’s appeared for the final year exam but not informed result yet now can also be apply for the prelims exams
Age limit ( As on 1st August, 2020)
- A Candidate must attained the age of 21 years
- The Upper age limit 32 years for general candidates
- up to maximum five year relaxation will be get those who belongs to SC or ST.
- up to a maximum three year relaxation in the case of candidates belongings to Other Backward Classes (non creamy layer)
- as per government rules relaxation will get in the case of PWD, ex-service man, widow etc…
Last date of Application:
- The Online Application can be filled up to 3rd March 2020 till 6.00 PM
Number of Attempts:-
- Every Candidate appearing of the examination, who is otherwise eligible, shall be six attempts at the examination.
- Provided that this restriction on the number of attempts will not apply in the case of Scheduled caste or Scheduled Tribes candidates.
- The candidates required to pay for Civil Services preliminary exam fee Rs. 100/-
- No pay fee for SC, ST, PWD
How to Apply:
- Candidates are apply online by using the website https://upsconline.nic.in
- Candidates should have details of one photo ID card ( Adhaar card/ Voter ID/ PAN/ Passport/ DL/ Any other/
- Online application are only accepted
- Candidates are issued e admit card three week before the commencement of exam.
- Negative marking shall apply for marked wrong answer.
- Mobil Phone strictly banned inside the exam centre.